Monday, October 15, 2007

An ancient art form for a modern church


My wife Laura has become quite an accomplished iconographer. She has recieved a number of commissions for her work, and her license-plate even reads "Ikon" (this is the Greek spelling!).




Icons aren't painted, they are "read" or prayed. Many people from a variety of religous traditions have found meaning in these "windows into heaven."




Today she will be giving a class about them for the Episcopal Church Women at Church of the Advent in Sun City. More importantly, she will be helping them to try their own hand at this form for devotion.



For more information see Laura's web site: http://www.ikonarts.net/




3 comments:

Unknown said...

We really like your ikons, especially the eyes. The youth who took your workshop at the ministry fair send their greetings to you: Nicole, Jeremiah, Danielle

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the article. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.